Wednesday 18 March 2015

Suffering For the Greater Good - Daniel Jungnickel

Today (Thursday the 19th) is pretty much the last working day for the Manila Team. Through out the whole week we have all suffered for Jesus. Since Monday there has always been a manual labor shift that every single one of us took part in at least twice, if not more. For some of us that was no problem, until you have to do the most gut wrenching and back breaking work three times in a row for four hours. I was one of the hand full of guys that saw the river three times. The project started when a son of Jeff, the founder of K.I.M, Kirk bought a patch of land which included a river. The river was affected by the 2009 typhoon, which we cleaned up. There was rubbish stuck under heavy rocks and in clumps all over the place. The reason I say "Was" is because we all suffered so much and gave so much to clean and dispose of probably 70% of the rubbish. The majority is gone and I can not say that all is gone, but the change is significant.

To my parents: I am fine and have not sustained any major injuries just a few cuts on my hands, arms, and legs from the many rocks that I dragged out of the river.
I miss you all,
Love Daniel.

No comments:

Post a Comment