Saturday 14 March 2015

Saturday from Deborah's Perspective :-)


 

 Hello Everyone! We have all arrived safely in one piece. It's been so much fun already! I love everything about this place. From the minute we arrived, the kids captured my heart (I know I'm not the only one!). It's been so fun getting to know not only the kids in the ministry but also the people in our team. They are so much fun, I don't think it would be quite the same without them. Today my group (The amazing Julia, Shannah, Inez, Seo Hyun and our boys Jevan, Aaron and Patrick) got to teach some of the kids dance. I was so proud that even the boys got into it. I think it's so special that even though we don't all have the same backgrounds, culture or language, we can all speak dance, we can all laugh and smile together and we can all love one another. 
We all had a good workout this morning during construction. It's so cool to see how the least expected were the ones who were the best at pulling out nails from plank after plank of wood or hammering their hearts out. Angel Chen is the world's best when it comes to using a crowbar. I love what I'm learning from the people around me and the places I see. I'm so excited to see how the rest of the week unfolds. See you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment