Saturday 21 March 2015

New Friends, Better Memories (Tristen)

Hi :3 Going on this trip I admit, I was a little disappointed that my original trip [Shalom] was cancelled. But I could not have been more wrong. This Week Without Walls was honestly one of the most enjoyable and impactful service trips I have underwent in my life. I've made so many new friends, both from ICS and the children here in Manila, and I really feel like we have helped the community. From painting murals, to picking trash out of a river, to just getting to spend time with the kids here has been an awesome experience. I got to listen to wonderful sermons, heartfelt testimonies, and the things I've experienced and learned here I am certain will stay with me for the rest of my life. It was an absolute joy to be able to give back to people who really aren't well off, and in return made me realise how lucky I am to have the things I've been given. One of my favourite memories was going on a feeding, which is basically driving to an impoverished part of Manila and giving out free food to people who lacked it. We got to play with their kids, give out food, and all in all just connect with the community. If you have the chance next year I highly recommend going to Manila, I can promise you won't regret it \;w;/

No comments:

Post a Comment