Saturday 21 March 2015

A Very Wet Day (A little paragraph by Veena)

Today was a wet day. The entire Manila team got physically soaked and emotionally drenched. Let me explain.
In the morning, we drove to Tent City. The drive could have been half an hour or it could have been two (I can't estimate). As soon as we got there we were surrounded by dozens upon dozens of excited little children with a common goal: to get balloon animals. We immediately got to work. Some of us played with the children while others pumped balloons and twisted them into life. Everyone was covered in the salty liquid most commonly known as sweat. After this wonderful chaos of a morning, we made our way to the highlight of the day: the waterfall. The water was breathtaking and the bonding we all had was as well. Almost everybody jumped into the turquoise water. I could have sworn I felt like I was turning into a mermaid. When it was over, I felt satisfied and emotionally invigorated. I really needed this for what was to come. The final liquid that wet us were tears. Some of us cried at the children's home and some, like me, cried as the team was sharing about their experience. Throughout the trip there was a lot of water. From the tears of the little children and the chlorine water of the swimming pool to the sweat that danced down our back and the spilt Mountain Dew on the cement ground. Being wet can make you cold, warm, refreshed, or sad. Today was a wet day. I believe it was the best day yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment