Monday 11 March 2013

With struggles, tears, & a dose of humility

Precaution: My apologizes for the repetitiveness of the following passage. This is a journal entry of mine written during our devotional time.

"I feel ashamed I have become so complacent in my that I can sit here and complain about my life when others have it so much worse. I can't believe I have become so caught up in my own world to believe I was the only one to face struggle. Who am I among these people who have nothing? Who am I among these people who have lost those they care about so much? Who am I among my peers whom have faced such hard lives? I honestly can't believe that I let myself feel sorry for myself for so long. To get caught up in my own little world, my own problems, that I so easily believed that I am the only one who has ever seen hardship or struggle. All of these people have faced a life much harder than my own and I have had the nerve to be so upset, hurt, pained. The humility that Manila brings me never fails. The reality check of how lucky I am never ceases to amaze. And as I sit here writing all this, I look around at these people and I am truly shocked by the bitter honest they are willing to share. No longer are we a group of kids trying to get on and help others but we are a family."

-Remy

No comments:

Post a Comment