Thursday 14 March 2013

Devotional Disaster?

Wednesday night I did not know what to expect when I walked into the children's home. I do not know the first thing about teaching kids about the Bible and yet here I was preparing for a devotion to hopefully be able to invest something in their lives. The verse I chose to use for my devotion was Ephesians 4:24 which states: and to put on a new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. I found this verse very applicable to my life because as Christians, we should set an example to be Christ-like for other non-believers. So... How was I going to capture the attention of twenty children? By having them draw pictures, of course!

After fifteen minutes of intense drawing in their groups, they came up with some phenomenal drawings! They were able to think about what righteousness, holiness and new self meant and interpret those words into drawings. This is what it's all about, being able to engage and impress life values that would be applicable to the children and to be able to teach them to interpret verses in a way that they could understand.

- Chin

No comments:

Post a Comment