Sunday 10 March 2013

What's going on...

Hey guys!

       
Yesterday in the morning to the afternoon, we had a sports clinic with the children from the children's home, from the Jaz home, and from a partner ministry. We played soccer and volleyball. It was an amazing experience being able to play with all of the children. The amount of talent and energy they have is really inspiring to me. Even though they don't have the best equipment, they are still content with what they have and make the best out of it. For me personally, this is something that I need to be able to grasp. So far, I feel that I've learned from them more than I have taught them. 

This morning, we attended two church services. In both services, everyone was very involved and full of energy, this was something different from a lot of churches in Singapore. Today was also a day where we took a "break" from our normal schedule, which was much needed! We had an amazing lunch at the mall after our second church service at a place called Sbarro's. Afterwards, we went shopping at a place called Greenhills, we all could not believe how inexpensive the things were there! After shopping, we headed to the children's home and played with the kids. I managed to bond with Alvin, Jonathan and Jude over a basketball game, I could really see why they say basketball is the main sport of Manila, it seemed as though basketball was something that ran through their veins! I hope to be able to make an impact on their lives and get to know all of them more over the next few days. Also hoping to finish a lot of construction work during the time we have left.

-Chin 

No comments:

Post a Comment