Friday 15 March 2013

What I wish to take away from this trip...

What does it mean to love? Is it a concept of time? It takes certain amount of time in order to love someone. Is it a matter of age? Only adults know what love truly is. Is it a matter of quality? The idea that we can only love certain amount of people. In reality, I think it's easy to forget how to love. I think it's sad that it took a whole new country in order for my mind to be refreshed of what love truly is. Love is a deep bond shared between people. In this morally poor society I have seen more love in this past week than I have in a longtime. Whether it be the love that our group has grown to have for the children of Manila or the love we have grown to have for each other. The love that the Long family has for this community or the community's love for KIM. It's weird to think in this past week I have truly grown to love each and every one of my teammates. The innocent love that I have seen in this society may be the only pure thing this community has to offer. It is something I wish and desire to take home with me. Instead of being jaded and nit-picking at the faults of my peers I want to show the love that I have seen here. As the week closes to an end and we are to head home in a few hours, I hope this experience is one that I can always remember and hold close to my heart.
-Remy

No comments:

Post a Comment