Tuesday 12 March 2013

Guest stars blog about hanging out with kids

Manila is full of experiences and shocking opportunities that change you and me. The first day we went to the children's home, I didn't know what to do with the children, all of them went to the other students. There were some children aged 6-8 that were shy and sitting alone watching the others. Among those were Princess or Eunice and Mitchie, I went over to talk to them but they went away. The next day when we went to the nursery Mitchie recognized me and came over. We played together and from that point on we have been getting closer and getting to know each other. One day when we went over to do devotions, Mitchie was there and she came to me and asked if I wanted to sit with her. Her mother is one of the workers there and that's why Mitchie is there playing with others. Mitchie has asthma and therefore has to put on a mask and breathe in medicine. She does not like it but asked me to sit with her which gave her strength to keep going. I have been playing with her each time and when we went to the basketball game she was sitting on my lap the way there. She also wanted me to sit with her and watch the basketball game. On the way home she fell asleep on my lap and I felt like an older sister to her and she had told me that she had felt so warm. I don't know if it is because it was hot or the warmth of my love that I have given. While she was sleeping many things were going through my head like I actually have given my heart to her and opened myself up to being able to change. I found myself comfortable and willing to change because the children here really get to you and open your heart and eyes with the help of God and make you see things you have never seen before. Mitchie has been giving me strength and courage and has shown me that life is so precious and given to us for a purpose and that we should live out life fully. Mitchie still will impact me for the rest of the days here, thinking of leaving her is hard and hurts. All of us never want to talk about leaving the kids because it destroys us inside and we can see that when it is mentioned or is brought up. I cannot find myself looking forward to leaving everything behind, especially Mitchie, every time we come back or leave she kisses me on the cheek more than 3 times. She is so loveable and would have impacted you if you would have been here, she will always be in my heart and one of the people that I won't forget.
--Ghislaine


My time spent In Manila has been amazing. It's been full of great experiences, that will always remain in my heart. The other day we went to a basketball game with the kids. All of them were very excited, I could see their faces illuminate as they were walking inside. Their excitement was evident and that's what made me excited. I was sitting next to Christian during the game. I've been hanging out with him and playing with him for the past few days. Every time he sees me he runs towards me and jumps on me. It fills me with joy every time he does that. During the game he was talking to me about his life and taking pictures with me, I thought that was very sweet. Half way through the game he told me he was hungry. I went and got him some food and drink and he was very satisfied. I could see the smile on his face while he was eating, which made me very happy. I can't wait until I get to see him again, so I can play his favorite game with him and just spend time with him in general. He has really shown me,that I don't need to have a lot of things to be happy.
--Mateo

No comments:

Post a Comment