Saturday 16 March 2013

These are a few of our favorite things...

Ghislaine: My favorite part of the trip was the bonding times that we had among the team but also with the children and the angels. They all were very open to me and my team. They were interested in our lives while we were so much interested in theirs. We came on this trip to invest in their lives, but personally they have invested so much more in our lives than we ever could have done in theirs.

Tabitha: I can't pin point what exactly was "my favorite part" of the trip. I'm still trying to absorb and process everything I experienced. It was just a fantastic trip overall. But one thing that I found myself looking forward to was any sort of bonding. Whether it was with our precious team members, kids at the children homes, the sweet girls at the Jaz home, the crazy kiddos in school, or the darling children we met on our feedings. I enjoyed seeing glimpses of what God was doing in the hearts of His people in Manila.

Do Kyung: The favorite part of the trip was the devotion we had everyday. We students and teachers gathered together as a family to share about our investments stories and honest testimony. Through the devotion, we were able to grow closer to God and to build relationships with each other.

Dylan: growing closer to both the kids and my teammates were the best parts of the trip. We shared our experiences with each other, which really strengthened my faith as I got to hear of how God works in other people's lives.

David: My favorite part of the trip were the nightly team meetings. The testimonies and investment stories really changed the way I viewed my fellow team members and they helped me to open up when it came to myself sharing. I am truly humbled by the testimonies of my friends, including those of the team leaders, and I hope that the impact that they have made on me will be a lasting one.

Joseph: I felt that the best part of the trip was everyone being open and honest with their feelings during our team devotions. This really showed how much we have bonded as a team over this week. I think it also brought us all closer to God. I did not expect to get much out of this trip but I was proved wrong.

Mark: I liked the shopping a lot because I got some time to relax, and when I tried to find a Wonder Woman shirt they only had kids sizes at every store

Easter: To me, the best part of coming back to Manila is to be remembered by the kids there. Though it has been a year, they would still remember my name or my face and they would welcome me back with open arms :)

Alyanna Elyjah: I guess the best part of this trip was being able to spend time with not only the kids there but also my teammates. To me that is one of the most memorable parts of the trip, I got to strengthen and create friendships on this trip which is something that really means a lot to me.

Gabe Mak: the best part of the trip for me was getting to meet all the kids again for the second time. I went on the trip last year and all of the kids really made a deep impression on my heart so I was really looking forward to getting to be with them again, even if only for a week.

Anna-Joy: one of the best parts of the trip was coming back to Manila for the second time and seeing the kids I met last year again. I also loved getting to know the people in the Philippines, especially talking to the people we met on the feedings and learning what their lives were like and everything they had been through.

Justin: My favorite part of the trip was meeting all the kids from the children's home and some from tutoring at the school. It was really awesome interacting with them and playing with them. I found it really great because although I came there to invest in them, they impacted me a lot through their smiles and happiness! :)

Scott: my favorite part of the trip was making friends with the new children especially Mishi and Princess. They always showed their smiles whenever I visited the children's home. I learned that those children need families to take care of them and loving them so that those children would be able to show love to others and inspire others.

Mateo: The best part of the trip was seeing the little kids happy. They were always so happy when we walked into the home. The kids would come running towards me and would hug me. That was an amazing feeling.

Remy: I was impressed by the sheer honesty that took place on our trip. People who held such stoic impressions willingly broke down and admitted their hearts to us. There is such beauty in pure honesty, it's a mere reflection of one's soul and that in and of itself echoes brilliance. Plus, the kids were super adorable!

Mrs. Donald: My favorite part of the trip was watching our kids and being a part of their lives for a week. Thank you all for letting me in, thank you for accepting my free hugs and letting me love on you, and thank you Lord for being present with us this past week.

Ms. Cantrell: it should be easy to pick my favorite, but part of me wants to be silly and part serious. Something that never fails to lift my spirits is hearing Mateo sing, "Don't worry about a thing, cuz every little thing is gonna be alright." However my time with Anne Shaira from the JAZ home is the most precious part of the trip for me.

Mr. Byrd: It was an honor and a privilege to be a part of this great bunch of students and my favorite part of the trip albeit hard to exclude any part would have to be the devotion time more specific the sharing after devotion. My heart was warmed when hearing the students share and see the bonding that took place with each one there. My passion to see students take a step closer to God heightened as each devotion and sharing time ended. To God be the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment