Thursday 17 March 2016

How I am doing in Manila-Jiwon

We've been doing a lot of work in Manila. We did construction work, swimming lessons, feedings, and played with kids from the community and the children's home. Construction work is hard, but it's pretty fun because we work together. Swimming lessons are my favorite because you get to see kids learning and applying what they learned. Few days ago I taught a kid named Ariana. She didn't know how to swim in the beginning so she had to hold a tube or I had to hold her body. I taught her how to swim, and in the end she could swim without any help. Feeding is not only a way to help kids, but an opportunity to meet new people. Yesterday during feeding I met 2 girls who were 16 and 19, and they were amazing I was sad I couldn't talk with them more. Going to the Children's Home is also my favorite part of this trip because the kids are adorable. When I first went to the Children's Home I didn't know how to play with kids so I was just awkwardly staring at a wall, but now I learned how to play with kids so I had a great time with them. Time is going so fast in Manila. I feel like we just arrived here yesterday, and I can't believe we are leaving tomorrow. The kids and people are amazing.


No comments:

Post a Comment