Monday 12 March 2012

Read All About It

During the morning, we were able to do some of the simplest but most rewarding tasks to a student here in Manila. Our task was reading and interacting with them. In my opinion, reading to a student and knowing they are learning something is actually more rewarding than you may think. I take on the perspective that some day these kids will be empowered to use these new words to speak up and be confident. When they learn new words and phrases, our impact is only positive. Education is vital to this generation of the Philippines, because it allows independence and growth to the Philippines in unimaginable ways. I loved reading to these kids because it may seem small, but like every other task were doing in the Philippines, it is great to KIM and God. They were very enthusiastic and my student actually read to me. I am blown away everyday here how much these kids would smile and give me one of the greatest times of life even when they have way less than me. My time reading was a time for an even greater perspective than I had before and a greater love for this generation of the Philippines. I would probably read everyday here if I could. Hehe...

Andrew N.

2 comments:

  1. I love reading too! What is 'KIM'?
    -Jeffrey's Sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. KIM stands for Kids International Ministries. The organization we are working with here.

    ReplyDelete