Monday 12 March 2018

Yujin Song

On Saturday, our team Manila had opportunity to go serve Arnold's community. Arnold, who is only 19 years old, saw the poverty going on near his community and decided to work at YMC. We went to his village, and Arnold gave a little tour for us. Then, he gathered the kids on one side and started to give a lesson about Bible; he talked about the story of Jesus feeding more than 5,000 people. Because there were at least 30 kids, it was so difficult for our whole team to get the kids' attentions. But imaging Arnold doing this alone all by himself, I was amused by him and his passion. The kids were listening to Arnold very well, and they loved listening to Bible story. After Arnold gave Bible lessons to the kids, we had some time to hang out with them. The kids loved hanging out with us and asked questions to us before we even asked them. I remember every time I came here, I felt like God is unfair, just because I did not go through any poverty while these kids did. However, after seeing Arnold and his community, I changed my mind. Even though they are poor, God still did not give up on them and sent people like us to provide any needs for them. And through those processes, the kids got to know and learn about God. I can't wait to see how God will work more in Arnold's heart and how that will impact his community.


1 comment:

  1. Good job Joann and Yujin. Of course all of you . Enjoy your time. praying for you all. Love you .

    ReplyDelete